This is to provide the foreigners an easy access channel to the police so that the victims of foreigner crimes can solve their problems and hardships. This will further aid the protection of human rights.
Currently in operation as an important communication outlet to prevent crimes committed on foreigners such as foreign residents and multi-cultural families
※ Operating as an important outlet to collect foreigner related crime and intelligence informations, for the foreigners’ tendency to avoid visiting the police stations -> Diversification of access route to police is needed
- Foreigner Residents in Korea
Upon receiving report of crime or complaint from a foreigner, Foreigner Help Center will notify the police or other competent authorities.
- Foreigner crime victim or foreigner with legal complication
- Reporting or counseling at the Foreigner Help Center
- Report received by the foreign affairs element of the police
- Referred to local police station or other competent authorities